- Leave a comment saying "What's up?!"
- I'll ask you five questions to satisfy my curiosity.
- Update your journal with the answers to your questions.
- Include this explanation and offer to ask other people questions.
(I'm skipping the above cos most of my f-list is already oncaeseria's list and would have already participated if they are keen. True that the questions asked would have been different, but like I said, this is my lame excuse. LOL!!!)
caeseria asked me the following and I answered:
1. Anime or Manga?
Anime. Cos I'm a sucker for beautifully drawn and detailed animation and better still, with a kickass OP and ED theme. And I relate better to the character when they put a voice to the face. You have no idea how much I fell in love with Sanzo's as well as Lelouch Lamperouge's voice...... Makes my knees go weakkkkkk......
2. What's your favourite scene from Saiyuki?
The Rikudo one. I'm a sucker for angst. Sanzo getting critically injured, Goku going berserk, Kanzeon frenching Sanzo against his will (woohoo!!) - dun you just love the gut wrenching feeling over such scenes??? I do! LOL!!!
3. If you could live anywhere in the world, money not an issue, where would it be and why?
In a nice house/cottage on the outskirts of Tuscany?? Not because of it's rich artistic and architectural culture - I have no grand allusions of having any knowledge nor any appreciation of such - I am such a boor, aren't I?? *grins*
It seems like a beautiful enough place, the pace of life seems relaxed enough where I can laze around idly with my husband doing nothing. That and with my Internet access, I'm in paradise! (Whether I've got the correct perception or not, I dunno. Blame it on the movies. Ha Ha Ha)
4. What's your favourite piece of clothing?
Singlet and cotton boxers. You will see me in this ensemble 365 days a year whenever I'm at home. Comfort is everything.
5. What song do you most associate with your OTP?
I'm a 100% Sanzo whore. So I dun really have a Saiyuki OTP cos I absolutely adore Sanzo with either Goku, Hakkai or Gojyo. Hence my fave song whenever I think of any one pairing is Daughtry's What About Now. Why?? Cos the song is angsty enough (Did I mention that I'm a sucker for angst??) and fits in nicely with any one pairing. LOL!!!!!
A. List seven habits/quirks/facts about yourself.
B. Tag seven people to do the same.
C. Do not tag the person who tagged you or say that you tag "whoever wants to do it."
1) When I discover some new food that I like, I'll keep gorging myself with it for the next 2 - 3 weeks (not everyday, but almost every other day) until I'm sick & tired of it. After that, I'll lose my interest and will not crave for it again.
2) I'm addicted to the Internet. I surf in the office, when I reach home until it's bedtime. It's worse on hols / weekend - from the moment I wake up until I go to bed. But I don't aimlessly surf - I'll always be on LJ, ff.net, or G-market. I know - so boring, huh.
3) I hate socialising.... period. I don't mean going out with girlfriends but casual dinners between colleagues and the big boss who is on his annual visit, office functions, wedding dinners where you do not know anybody else except the bride/groom, parties where you do not know anyone else but the host. Why? Because I hate making small talk - I find it fake and patronising. Bottomline - I'm anti-social?? Ha Ha Ha
4) I have a fiery temper. Anything & everything can just trigger me off, but then I also simmer down pretty fast. After that I would feel like a real bitch and apologise (well, most of the time if I did lose it for no valid reason). But usually only my family and good friends see this side of me. That's so wrong, right? But I'm truly think that I can be my true self with people that love me whom I care and am comfortable with.......
5) I have the attention span of a 6 year old. I will lose interest in stuff pretty quickly - especially sports/health related ones.
1) I picked up inline skating and was very enthusiastic about it. Bought the skates, new sports attire and the works but promptly lost interest within 6 months. I think it's because I tried and found that I'm not good at it hence why bother?
2) 2 visits to the fitness centre (California Fitness specifically) and I swear never to step into one again. Perspiration and a pounding heartbeat (not related to the hunk in pheripheral view) is so not my thing.
6) I just wanna be happy and contented with my life. I'm happy just having a job that makes enough to supplement husband's income to support the family, and have a loving family. And I'm free to indulge myself occasionally with some shopping, and pick up new interests along the way to while away any extra time I have (when I'm not on the Internet). Sometimes I wonder why is it that I have no ambitions to climb the corporate ladder, unlike my peers. I rationalise that the higher you are, the more work and stress you'll be exposed to so it's not worth it. Afterall there's no free ride in this world, correct?
7) Something light hearted - I'm currently obsessed with Saiyuki, Code Geass & Vampire Knights fan-fiction. I've been reading and re-reading them non-stop, and hunting for new ones. Any good recommendations???
I'm skipping B & C cos my f-lists are quite a close community and most probably are already tagged one way or another. Or because I'm plain lazy. He He He
Psssttt... I'm feeling uncomfortable cos I strained my shoulder, probably cos I'm hunched over my computer for such long periods of time, and it's killing me. 2 visits to the doctor and loads of painkiller later, the bloody twinge is still there and annoying the hell out of me. :P
1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 4 sentences on your LJ along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.
"We're passing the bonfire pile. ......."
-- The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
The above is the closest one to me, cos it's on my coffee table which is right behind my computer table where I have been for the past 3 hours. LOL!! My colleague strongly recommended me this novel - her personal favourite but alas, it has been gathering dust on my coffee table for the past 4 months?? If not for this meme, I doubt I would have flipped open this novel at all. :P
What was the #1 song the day you were born?
Google the date and #1 song and then post your #1 song on your LJ - preferably with a Youtube vid if you can find one!
The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face by Roberta Flack - LOL!!!
Your dominant hue is blue, making you a good friend who people love and trust. You're good in social situations and want to fit in. Just be careful not to compromise who you are to make them happy.
Your saturation level is medium - You're not the most decisive go-getter, but you can get a job done when it's required of you. You probably don't think the world can change for you and don't want to spend too much effort trying to force it.
Your outlook on life can be bright or dark, depending on the situation. You are flexible and see things objectively.
Eh... seems quite accurate le.... (Singlish)
- Anyone who looks at this entry has to post this meme and their current wallpaper on their LiveJournal.
- Explain in five sentences why you're using that wallpaper!
- Don't change your wallpaper before doing this! The point is to see what you had on!
I love this wallpaper cos :
1) it's Gaiden. I love, love, love Konzen...... and Tenpou, Kenren & Goku!!!
2) the 4 of them are the main focus with no complicated backgrounds to draw away your attention.
3) The sombre mood of the wallpaper tug at my heartstrings.
4) Them 4 cloaked in all white & holding candles seem to relay the message that they are one
5) it's too beautifully drawn
The last sentence is really a duh!! statement. Ha Ha Ha.
A way long overdue song meme, despina_moongave me an M......
(And I realised I dun have too many fave songs starting with M, not taking into consideration my fave Japanese songs, so it took some time. =^_^=)
I'm too lazy to upload the songs so I'll just substitute with youtube links.
Here goes :
Mercy Mercy Me by Marvin Gaye - The Ecology song, though I first fell in love with this song after I heard Robert Palmer's rendition.
Maybe Tomorrow is A Better Day by Poets of the Fall - I was introduced to this band (after listening to Carnival Of Rust) by pixie_blade in one of her posts. She thought that Carnival of Rust is a Hakkai/Gojyo Song. I can see both Sanzo/Goku in this song too.
Make Me Over by Lifehouse - One of my fave bands. My all time fave song is Come Back Down though.
Makes Me Wonder by Maroon 5 - Adam Levine - I rest my case.
My Immortal by Evanescence - I'm a sucker for angsty songs. A Goku/Konzen song??
EDIT - Here's some of my favourite anime songs that start with M
Mosaic Kakera by Sunset Swish
- Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion Ending Theme 2
Monochrome no Kiss by SID
- Kuroshitsuji Opening Theme
Mistumeteitai by Flow-War
- Saiyuki Reload Gunlock Ending Theme 1
- Ouran High School Host Club Soundtrack & Character Song Collection
Specially dedicated to Rroselavy who bestowed me the alphabet "S"
Stop by Sam Brown.m4a
This song reminds me of Old Hollywood glamour ala Grace Kelly, Humphrey Bogart. I dunno why but that's the feeling I get whenever I listen to this song.
She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5.mp3
This is one of my favourite Maroon 5 songs. Poor little girl lyrics sang by the shag-worthy Adam Levine...
Save Yourself by Sense Field.m4a
This songs make me think of Gojyo.
Save You by Simple Plan.m4a
This can be Goku and Sanzo's song.
Same Script, Different Cast by Whitney Houston & Deborah Cox.mp3
Angsty lyrics, great music, sang by 2 powerhouses. How can you not love it?
Edit : I wanted the post the lyrics as well but the lj cut alignment is driving me nuts. I can't stand stuff that is not aligned correctly (yeah, I'm quite anal about it) so I'll pass this time. Sigh....
1. Reply to Rroselavy's post and she'll assign a letter.
2. List (and upload) 5 songs that begin with that letter.
3. Post them to your journal with these instructions.
I was given the letter A. I thought, hmm... this may not be too easy after all. Worse still, I realised I have to upload the songs I chose. Ha Ha... I'm screwed cos I have never uploaded files before. Anyway I will try cos I was the ass who shot off her own mouth in the first place.
Unlike Rroselavy, I'm gonna pick songs that I love and OMG! Everyone will know what an air-head I am with all the radio friendly songs I picked. Sorry but I'm just a simple girl. :P
( My choices )